Hello! It’s been several months since I’ve written a blog post. My work-life has been extremely busy and Stamping took a place on the back-burner, focusing only on my monthly clubs and classes. Well, I’m attempting to get back to blogging 🙂 While work isn’t as crazy as it has been, it’s still busy. Therefore, I’ll post as frequently as I am able. I hope you don’t mind that I took a bit of a break.
Today’s card features a twist on using the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits Dies, which coordinates with the new Embellished Ornaments stamp set. Both are from Stampin’ Up!’s 2015 Holiday catalog.
Today’s card was inspired by Candy Ford during a recent Inking Royalty Blog Hop. I am always impressed by crafters when they can see one image as something completely different. That is the case with Candy’s awesomely creative Christmas card in which she converted the ornament dies into wine glasses. You can see her card here.
Tips, Tricks and Insights:
- Making Wine Glasses – Take the hollow tall, thin die from the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits Dies and only cut out the top portion of a piece of vellum, positioning it on the Big Shot as shown below. Do the same with the Blackberry Bliss “wine”.
- Work with Gravity – When you tilt a glass full of liquid the liquid always remains level horizontally. Such needed to be the case with the wine in these velum glasses. Before adhering the wine and glasses down, I positioned them where I wanted them and used a ruler to draw a straight horizontal line for how the wine would level out when the glasses were tilted during the toast.
- Mr. & Mrs. Tags – The smallest Framelit from the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies was the perfect size to trim the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” tags which were stamped from the For the New Two stamp set.
- Thick Whisper White Card Stock – Thick Whisper White Card stock served as the perfect base for this card.
Today’s card is one of three cards that my stamp club will be making this month featuring the Embellished Ornaments stamp set and Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies. I’ll be sharing the other two cards in upcoming blog posts, both of which are Holiday cards.
A big shout out goes to Candy Ford for inspiring this card.
Supplies: If you don’t already have your own demonstrator, you can order any of the supplies used to make this card through my online store, or clicking on any of the images below to add them to your shopping cart. You can also print a supply list by clicking on the supply list link beneath the images shown below.
- Stamp Sets: For the New Two
- Ink: Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Marker
- Card Stock / Paper: Whisper White 80 Lb. Card Stock, Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Vellum
- Accessories: Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies, Lots of Labels Framelits Dies, Linen Thread, 3/8” Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon (Retired), Glue Dots