When I first sat down with the Holiday Catalog in July, it was love at first sight for me with the Embellished Ornaments stamp set and coordinating Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies. Today I’d like to share with you the second card in a series of cards that I am making with my stamp club.
Tips, Tricks, and Insights:
- Layered Ornament – The Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies include elegant detailed dies as used in the Gold part of the ornament on this card and solid dies as shown in the red background. I found that the best way to adhere the two is a two-way glue pen. Although the Fine-tip Glue Pen is great for small spaces; these spaces are a little too small if you have a heavy hand when applying glue, like I do 😉
- Working with Detailed Dies – There are many small holes in this ornament die. Neither you nor I have time to punch out each hole. There’s a secret ingredient that does this for you, dryer sheets. After die cutting the card stock, in this case the Gold Glimmer Paper, place the cut out die on top of a few layered dryer sheets. Place these on top of the Magnetic Platform and Cutting Pad. Place the die back in place on top of the cut out ornament. Top with another Cutting Pad to make a sandwich and run the ornament back through the Big Shot. Once finished, remove the cutting pad and die and gently peel the ornament off the dryer sheets. The little holes remain on the dryer sheet.
- Sentiments for the Inside – Although not pictured on this card, the Versatile Christmas stamp set makes a wonderful stamp set to use on the inside. I did use one of the sentiments on the inside.
- Bundle and Save – Save 15% when you purchase both the stamp set and the Thinlits dies.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Supplies: If you don’t already have your own demonstrator, you can order any of the supplies used to make this card through my online store, or clicking on any of the images below to add them to your shopping cart. You can also print a supply list by clicking on the supply list link beneath the images shown below.
INSERT SUPPLY TABLE HERE
- Stamp Sets: Embellished Ornaments, Versatile Christmas
- Ink: Always Artichoke, Tip Top Taupe
- Card Stock / Paper: Gold Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler, Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla
- Accessories: Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies, Lots of Labels Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 3/8” Gold Glitter Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dryer Sheets